Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July is here again and with it Grandpa and Deanna celebrate their birthday on the same day. I will never forget that night in 1993 when Perry III asked if he and Kim could spend the night with us so they could work on their truck. I cooked stir fry that night and while I was fixing supper we heard sirens screaming up the little dirt road by our house. We lived in the country then and did not get much traffic. Perry got on his brothers ten speed bike and took off to see where the ambulance was going. It turned out our closest neighbor's daughter came home from work got on her 4 wheeler and ran into a John Deere tractor and almost killed herself. The doctor said if she was not wearing a helmet she would be dead. The life flight helicopter took her to Columbus, Oh and she did recover. Meanwhile Perry came home filled us in on the accident and we had dinner. Perry and Kim worked on their brakes of their truck and took it out for a spin to see if it was fixed. Dad and I went to bed and around midnight Perry woke me up and said they had to go home because Kim was in labor. They had called the midwife and she was meeting them at their house. I fell back asleep thinking "the baby was going to be born on my husband's 40th birthday." What a present he got that year!

1 comment:

meNmykids said...

Wow! What an exciting day and night! She is a beautiful girl.