Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday Happenings

Saturdays are the best day of the week. At least from the viewpoint of getting to do whatever I want. All of my other days are structured, i.e. they are pretty much planned for me. Such as Monday through Friday I am at the preschool at least 9 hours a day, then there are the things I have to do with two teenagers (well Abigail is almost a teenager) in the house still and no drivers license yet. Sundays are our day of worship and where else would we use our gifts but in the preschool Sunday School class.
So here I sit typing instead of the usual Sat. cleaning or shopping that has to be done. What can I say except Kim has me hooked on this new experience of sharing on the internet. A typical Saturday for me means waking up around 7 to 8 am. I stumble to the kitchen and get a cup of coffee.
While I get the cobwebs out of my head, from the night before, (a saying my mother-in-law use to say) I click on the TV to catch the morning news and weather, ( a ritual I got from my dad). Then with my husband off running errands (he's a very early riser) I get to catch up on email and other computer readings. By then it is almost 9:00 and I fix some breakfast or grab a bowl of cereal and wake Abigail to get ready for her Saturday morning taekwondo class. Usually she has class at 10:45 am and that finishes the rest of the morning. After getting back home and getting some cleaning Thomas and Abber and I head into Franklin for our regular shopping.
Last weekend I planned a late shopping trip so Abigail could attend her parents night out at Mr. Rodgers Taekwondo shop. Returning home late my Saturday disappeared so quickly I retire tired but happy for the day.

No comments: