Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Perry

When Perry and Kim and the kids arrived at our house the Thursday night before Thomas' graduation their youngest did not recognize grandma. He was only 5 months old when he saw us last in Texas at Thanksgiving and here he is almost a year old. But I did some fast thinking and got him something to eat and in the end he became my friend I hope for life. It reminded me of his sister Megan when we moved back north when she was almost a year old. She had never met us and did not want a thing to do with us. Her parents were napping after we had gone to visit some friends for the afternoon and she was awake in her pack and play looking out the upstairs window. I sent her older sister to get her and fixed her some supper and fed her. After that she let me hold her without crying. It is true of children like men. The way to a child's heart is through their stomach.
I was sad to see the time for the children to go home. But just wait until next time...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: